Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nature's Exhibit.... A Colorado Fall

The "Fall" season has always been my favorite time of year here in Colorado.  Now, Colorado is a beautiful state year round, but, something about Fall being in the air in Colorado seems to bring out the best that nature has to offer all of us who are lucky enough to be here during this time.

Now I love this time of year for various reasons.  This guy and our team being one of the main things I can't wait until each Fall season comes around.  Go, Bronco's!
However, I want to focus on the things that make the Colorado Fall season just as spectacular and meaningful too me, as  is my love for the Bronco's.
Brown Trout have always had a place in my heart.  From a beautiful small stream Brown like this one to gargantuan size Browns in other areas of Colorado.  Brown Trout have my attention come Fall.  There are some beautiful spots on the Big Thompson River that I like to go to challenge a Brown Trout when I can.
Hello, Estes Park, Colorado.  Is this not a beautiful setting for the Fall season.  The wildlife, the outdoors, the waters, surround you.  Take it all in.  You won't for get it.  While you are out and about in the Estes Park or Rocky Mountain National Park nearby, be sure and listen for another of my favorite Fall wildlife friends.
This big guy coming ashore after a refreshing time in the water made for a great camera opportunity.  Fishing can wait.....................
Here is another big guy who is out for a morning stroll.  Make sure you stay focused on the road while driving and maintain a cautious speed.  This is up close and personal enough!
If you have never heard the "Call" of the Elk, you are truly missing one of Colorado's wildlife treasures.  I listen in awe!  I can't explain it in words, you just have to be here to know what I am talking about.

The colors of Fall be they, Yellow, Gold, Red, Green, Blue are spectacular.  Fall foliage is spectacular, too! Sorry, I did not take pictures for this post to show.  Maybe, more to come.......

As a final note here, be aware that just because you live in one of Colorado's Front Range communities, doesn't mean that the wildlife don't come to pay a visit this time of year.  They make their way around to handle their life needs.  Be cautious.  Here are a couple of pictures from my close neighborhood in Loveland just this Fall.
"Looks like it is about time for me to s-c-a-t-"
This fella' wandered into my apartment complex while headed to the Big Thompson River beds
 
***Just want to do the obligatory reminder here that all of my pictures posted here are easily viewed and easier to see when double clicked for a closer view.
 
Thanks for allowing me to share Nature's exhibit here in a typical Colorado Fall.....................
 
 


 





16 comments:

  1. Well said Mel. There really isn't any other place I'd rather live. We have it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Howard. That is so true, we do have it all! I went away for (30) years of my life, but, coming back home a few years ago has been a wonderful blessing for my family.

      Delete
  2. You're not kidding Mel. Colorado in the Fall is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michael!
      Thanks for the kind comment about Colorado. I know you had a chance to spend a day or two here just recently. Reading your blog post about your fishing trips just further justifies the beauty of what Colorado has to offer. Come back anytime!

      Delete
  3. A most interesting sound when the Elk bugle. Nice to see you have bears too. Want another one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I could just sit and listen for as long as the Bulls want to sing! Unbelievable..................
      Colorado has bears, too, that is for sure. That one jumped the fence and made it away on his merry own. Best of luck too him. They quite often come to town to check out the area and all the big trees they can hang out in. You and your Bear should be on a first name basis by now.........................................

      Delete
    2. Howard, with all the fires that Mark has had to put up with in California lately, he better keep "Smokey" down there for educational purposes awhile before he gets shipped back to Colorado. No major fires this year...............................

      Delete
  4. Great photos Mel.
    Enjoy natures special season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alan, it is my pleasure to share the beautiful part of Colorado I live in. Don't know if it is any more impressive than some of the Fall exhibits in your area, maybe, just a little different wildlife perhaps.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic Pictures. I think in my part of Nor cal, we are a little deprived of the seasons. Leaves are starting to change colors but the weather is perfect, just a small chill in the air at sundown. Even though its nice, its not as great as your pictures. As for snow in the winter, I'm perfectly content with seeing it here only one every 7-10 years! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juan. I am always amazed at Wildlife available to the common person to photograph. The problem is having the camera ready to go!

      At times, I am envious of the weather you have out your way and certainly the snow is much less that is for sure..............
      Remember, someday you have to put your Rocky Mountain National Park video to good use by exposing yourself to what our area has to offer!

      Delete
  6. I've never seen Elk in the wild, but I'm always hoping to. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rebecca.
      It is rare to see them in most outdoor activities. Sometimes, if you are really lucky, and, it is the right season, then you are blessed with listening to the mighty Elk call.

      I am very fortunate to live in an area that is known for an abundance of Elk. You and Darrell are always welcome to come visit.......

      Delete
  7. Everything is great about this post, except that Manning character. We will see him soon in New England to test his mettle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon, Dean, and, thank you for checking in. You have visited Colorado so you have a good sense of the outdoor greatness the area where I live offers.

      As far as Peyton goes and the upcoming game with the Patriots, don't look over your shoulder, "510" and counting is coming!

      Delete

Your visit and comments are always welcome here.